Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kailey's second collected items

A rabbit ( in motion) is an example of an endotherm because it generates heat to maintain its body temperature.
A xerophyte is a plant that can live in dry, desert weather such as a cactus

Tendril of a plant


Bumble bees are examples of pollinators



Flower ovary




Keratin is the tough protein found in nails and hair





A cricket is an example of an insect














Snails and slugs are examples of gastropods. ( I won't be using that hair tie again)








Epithelial tissue









Adaption of a plant- the plant grows around the swingset





















2 comments:

Gerard said...

I love the story behind the slug picture!

KB Foglia said...

Kailey,

This whole set cracked me up! Thanks a lot for great pictures and good humor.

I loved the nail/keratin one... and slug slime is just another form of protein, so it's not so disgusting. But I think your xerophyte is going to fall over.